Browse the pig producer case studies and technical reports below, which share best practice in Meat Quality. The producers are EU PiG Ambassadors and winners of the annual EU PiG Grand Prix, who have focused on one of the specific Meat Quality challenges chosen by the industry each year.
A network of experts forming the EU PiG Meat Quality Thematic Group consolidates existing industry knowledge and validates the best practice identified through the EU PiG Grand Prix.
This theme is about development of premium quality products by improving characteristics including taste, nutritional value, texture, appearance and yield of pig meat.
To see those best practices that reached the top ten in the 2020 Grand Prix? click here
Best practice challenges
- Being competitive in small scale farming: Developing a niche market for pork
- How to promote pork to consumers
- Opening farms to engage with public
- Replacing GMO in soy for feed production
- Producing tastier pork
- Homogenous groups of pigs for slaughter
- Innovations in the supply chain
- Reduction of Boar Taint